How To Write A Good Research Paper For English 101
Your first college English class and you’ve been assigned to write a research paper. It’s a good opportunity to make a good impression on your teacher. While some students don’t take this first assignment very seriously, others know that a good paper will get them started out on the right foot.
Essential Elements of a Good English Research Paper
When writing English research papers, half of the work is keeping to the required format. It’s useful to know what’s expected from the paper and also to include everything the teacher has requested.
Your English 101 paper should include:
- Choose an appropriate topic, which has the ability to be expressed in a research question. Unlike in dissertation, this question should be narrow enough to cover within the constraints of the essay. The author will take a stand or present a viewpoint on this question, which will then be supported with evidence given in the research paper.
- Conduct research to uncover sufficient supporting evidence from primary sources to back up your claims.
- Construct a compelling opening paragraph which introduces the research question, grabs the reader’s attention, but do not give away your standpoint as yet.
- Include the elements of exploration and reflection, which add an interesting dimension to the research data.
- A closing paragraph which restates the standpoint, summarizes the evidence and thoughts presented in the paper, and leaves the reader thinking and pondering what they have read.
How To Begin Writing Your Research Paper
The real secret to getting started with your research paper is just to start somewhere. Putting it off until the last minute will only add to the stress that essay writing usually invokes. There are a lot of choices open to students these days for essay writing. Those choices include writing the entire essay yourself, hiring an expert writer from an essay writing service to do it for you, or a combination of the two.
It is a very common practice among students to do some of the essay writing work and then hire out the rest. For example, you could hire someone to do the research (by simply buying a paper) – find the literature required for your topic – and then you could proceed with the writing. Alternatively, you could do the research, write the essay and then hire someone to proofread and edit your written work. It always comes down to a choice. Whichever method you choose, the sooner you get started the better.