A List of Persuasive Essay Topics for Kids: Pick the One to Your Liking
Essay writing is one of the many ways a child is able to express himself or herself. However, it can be difficult to persuade a child to write without whining. Therefore, a teacher or mentor must come up with topics that captivate a child’s interest.
Topics about themselves
Most children are egocentric. They love to talk about themselves, their dreams, their ambitions and many more. Thus, some of the topics that may influence a child to write include the following:
- If I can travel around the world, I would go to...
- If I had three wishes they would be…
- If I was a Super Hero, I would be…
- If I would be Invisible for one day, I would…
- If you had magic powers, what will you do?
- The Gift that I would ask from Santa Clause would be…
- What makes Me Special?
- What was the best gift you received?
- When I grow up, I want to be a…
- Who is your hero?
Topics about their Favorite Things
Children also love to talk about their favorite things. They can spend the whole day talking about their favorites. Some topics that may entice a child to write would include one of the following:
- My Favorite Colors
- My Dream Vacation
- My Favorite Disney Characters
- My Favorite Movies or TV Shows
- My Favorite Foods
Topics for Older Children
Children around 7 to 9 years old who think more maturely can be given higher level questions or topics. These topics are a bit more analytical in nature. These will engage them into thinking deeper and giving reasons to questions such as:
- Is it a good thing to bully other kids? Why or why not?
- Why is it not good to lie?
- If you can change the world, what will you do and why?
- If you were given a million, what will you do with the money?
- Did you hurt someone’s feelings before? What did you do after?
- Write about the five things that you can be better at if you work harder.
- What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
- How do you know if a person has a good character?
- When was the last time you felt afraid? What did you do?
- Who is your best friend? Can you say something about him or her?
While there are various topics that could entice a child, the most common topic a child talks about is “When I grow up, I want to be a…” On the other hand, children within the age bracket of 7 to 9 years old would love to talk about their comrades. Such topics as “Who is your best friend? Can you say something about him or her?” would be among their favorites.