Top 10 Creative College Essay Topics
Choosing a creative topic for a college essay definitely takes some creative thinking on behalf of the writer. The idea is to choose something that interests you while being able to present useful information. This can be anything from what is going on in the community to asking someone what they would do to change the world. This can be a fun yet challenging assignment since many writers try to choose something different from what has previously been written. Or, they try to a different approach with a new angle on something previously researched. The following topics may present some concepts worth researching further.
- What invention would you create to make things better in daily living? You could also do the opposite approach and mention an invention the human race would be better off without.
- If you could write a book what would it be about? Who would you write this book for and what would the significance be as far as information included?
- Most embarrassing event that happened to you or someone else. You may even explore embarrassing things that happen to people most often
- Who is the most important person in your life? Or, who is someone that most inspires you to be a good person.
- What event or person has helped you see things differently in your life? This may be something or someone of personal significance.
- What form of entertainment or literature has left a positive influence on you? This can be anything from a book, play, poem, painting, or something with a historical or scientific aspect.
- What fictional characters left an impression on you or influenced a choice you made in your life. The same aspect could be placed on a historical figure such as an inventor or previous country leader.
- Who has given you good advice and what was it? If good advice doesn’t actually come to mind, you could explore other aspects in connection such as who is the most sought person when someone needs advice.
- If you could go back in time what would you change about your life? Many people feel they wouldn’t change anything if they are happy where they are now. But, at times when you failed, what would you have done if you could go back and change it?
- What issue would you tackle that most affects you and how you live your life? (local, national or international issues)